Blackhawks' Fans Forced Out

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Blackhawks' Fans Forced Out

A place to go while our home board has been infested by Canucks' fans.

2 posters

NHL Staying With Versus and NBC for the Next 10 Years

HawksFanNYC
    HawksFanNYC

NHL Staying With Versus and NBC for the Next 10 Years Empty NHL Staying With Versus and NBC for the Next 10 Years

Post  HawksFanNYC Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:55 pm

The deal was apparently just announced today. I was hoping that the games would go back to ESPN. I just don't see the logic in continuing with a channel that half the country doesn't have, and that non-die hard hockey fans may never hear of or think about. Then again, when was the last time Bettman was accused of logic?

The one positive is more games broadcast nationally. Apparently Versus will now get 90 games. Here's hoping that they show the Hawks as often as they did this year. The Center Ice package usually doesn't let me see them in HD, and Versus does, often with Pat and Eddie during the regular season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6389351
    mrbillrob
    mrbillrob

NHL Staying With Versus and NBC for the Next 10 Years Empty Re: NHL Staying With Versus and NBC for the Next 10 Years

Post  mrbillrob Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:22 pm

HawksFanNYC wrote:The deal was apparently just announced today. I was hoping that the games would go back to ESPN. I just don't see the logic in continuing with a channel that half the country doesn't have, and that non-die hard hockey fans may never hear of or think about. Then again, when was the last time Bettman was accused of logic?

The one positive is more games broadcast nationally. Apparently Versus will now get 90 games. Here's hoping that they show the Hawks as often as they did this year. The Center Ice package usually doesn't let me see them in HD, and Versus does, often with Pat and Eddie during the regular season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6389351

Awww snap...I guess it gives me a reason to extend my sports package so I can finally watch both soccer and hockey...now to find the $$$

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:57 pm