Blackhawks' Fans Forced Out

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Blackhawks' Fans Forced Out

A place to go while our home board has been infested by Canucks' fans.

+8
Smokinmedic1
icaddiedforstosh
HawksFanNYC
olblueeyz
mrbillrob
blkhwks918
tincup61
jservs7
12 posters

Changes for 2011-2012 Season?

mrbillrob
    mrbillrob

Changes for 2011-2012 Season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Changes for 2011-2012 Season?

Post  mrbillrob Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:24 pm

vanken wrote:
    mrbillrob wrote:
    blkhwks918 wrote:I don't dislike Campbell or Hossa, but their contracts scare me. In terms of moving them, it's very unlikely straight up. My question: do you sacrifice a Leddy, Morin, or Smith to go with one of those players to move the contract? A risky move, for sure, and the return has to be right. Hurts in the short term but cleans the fiscal house up nicely. Thoughts?

I wish I could say, "Stan should deal this guy," but I can't. It's too hard, especially with the shallow talent pool we have on the Hawks this year. Stan's dealing from a position of weakness IMO and it's going to be hard to re-acquire proven NHL role players like we had last year by trading AHL talent for them. I'm glad I'm not in his shoes this year.
    Perhaps Stan can call up his old boss, Dale Tallon, for advice on how to pluck great role players from other teams. Dale brought in Sharp, Eager, Versteeg and Ladd for our castoffs, Ellison, Vandermeer, Bochenski and Ruutu.

I pray that Stan can pull off trades that are half as good as the ones you've listed. If he can pull off equal or better, then he's got a new fan. lol!
    roenickuk
    roenickuk

Changes for 2011-2012 Season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Changes for 2011-2012 Season?

Post  roenickuk Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:11 pm

I generally dont believe that the team/squad is that bad, I think you only have to look at the last 2 playoff games to see what they are capable of (but ofc thats only 2 games)

Can the (shall we say reserve guys) Cut it? maybe some cant on the long haul for a season, I'd Keep Campoli i think hes better than some give him credit for and smith & kruger have looked ok coming in.

Sure we could "trim" a couple of squad players, but talking hypothetically in terms of salaries available, If we keep our so called "Big Names" & look to move on some of the "fring" players, my bro makes a very good point
    "Whats the point in moving a player on, if you cant offer more to get a better one in"

I think its a tough one, I'm sure some ppl will dissagree but i think inconsistency & lack of concentration (to many cheap turnovers ect) have been a friends of ours this season, all be it unwanted.

Could that be turned around with coaching? maybe? or maybe this is due to not enough strength in depth & we need some better all rounders

I guess time will tell

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:34 am